THE QUEER SHORT FILM FUND
The Queer Short Film Fund was set up to facilitate annual development and production of Queer Film Projects that originate from Germany. Submissions are being accepted for documentary, narrative, animated or experimental projects that are queer in content and or form. Projects should ideally challenge and question normative perspectives and simultaneously broaden their vision to topics beyond traditional LGBTQI representation of the mainstream niche market.
The 2021 fund is awarded a cash prize of 1,500 €, a voucher for filming equipment worth 2,000 €, provided by 25p* cine support and two days of Grading – including Conforming – with additional creation of a DCP & Web Screener worth 3,000€, provided by Planemo Filmas well as a voucher for the use of one of the dubbing studios in the amount of 2000€ from BUFA. In addition, the fund is accompanied by a mentoring programme: An industry expert advises the winner in five sessions from script development to the production phase and post-production.
- The Applicant must be the copyright holder of the project.
- The Applicant must have made at least 1 short film to be eligible.
- The Applicant must live in Germany.
- Student projects are eligible, as long as they retain the rights of the film.
- Projects must be no longer than 10 minutes in duration.
- Projects can be in any film/video/other format.
DEADLINES & DATES
- Submissions – 5pm – July 23, 2021
- Semi Finalist Pre Selection Notification – August 2, 2021
- Semi Finalist Public Pitching Session – August 13, 2021
- Winner Announcement – August 15, 2021
(please include a link to download all materials underneath your Project Synopsis)
- a one pager – that should include, title, synopsis, project length, contact details and short biography of the director and key creatives.
- a script – created in final draft format, delivered in pdf format.
- a visual document – delivered as a pdf document.
- a budget – delivered in either excel or pdf.
- a page of links – to directors and or key creatives past work.
- all materials must be provided or translated into German or English.
XPOSED assembles a selection committee that will review every application, preview the previous works of the filmmakers, and select the semi-finalists.
The Semi Finalists will then be invited to an open pitching session where they will present their projects to the Jury responsible for the QUEER SHORT FILM FUND which are made up of producers/ directors and other experts in the Queer Film Industry. The Jury will then deliberate and announce the winner at the annual Lolly Award Ceremony, held within the Festival.
- The 1st Queer Short Film Fund was awarded to: PROTOTYPES from Doireann O’Malley
- The 2nd Queer Short Film Fund was awarded to: THE SEAS RUNS THROUGH MY VEINS from Zara Zandieh
- The 3rd Queer Short Film Fund was awarded to: PIRATEBOYS from Pol Merchan
- The 4th Queer Short Film Fund was awarded to: BEER! BEER! from Popo Fan
- The 5th Queer Short Film Fund was awarded to: AMIGAS… MUY AMAIGAS from Tonina Matamalas!
- The 6th Queer Short Film Fund was awarded to: SONIC REVERBS from Sarnt Utamachote